View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ehne
Captain

re: Dropships Inbound for Radiant

Ale Ace wrote:
Ok I have put my request for transfer. Hopefully I will get it and for free.

it still should be free, I just transfered Mor'deeb last night...

It was wonderfull...

Does anyone know the way poing off hand to where the new city is on flurry
Ale Ace
Lieutenant

Thank you Ehne for all your help moving to Flurry!
Ehne
Captain

Well, all my toons are off Radiant. Here are my current toons:

Flurry:
Ehne
Mihne
Airdew
Rand-
Indiana-
V'an

Starsider:
Airdew
Mor'deeb
Mandragoran
Kalystra
Redrum-

If you drop a toon on either of these servers send me an email so I can add you to my friends list. Novaro transfered a toon to Flurry off Starsider. I guess Loyal is still debating on a location, either Chilly or Flurry from what I think he said. Free transfers still working...

Edit: Name update... Again.

Last edited by Ehne on 2011/03/26 10:31; edited 2 times in total

you always said we'd run away together, ehne </3

Flurry: Jewelster
Bubbleguts
Xak'
Nofarius (Novaro)

Ehne What is the new guild? I need added to it so I can represent.
Ehne
Captain

We need to be online together. I can not add ya untill then...

I will be online tomorrow afternoon, prolly after 1pm for a bit. I have a fantasy baseball draft at 10:15, I'm taking a Saturday class this term and that starts at 11:00. Once the draft is finished I will log into SWG and hang out on one of those I listed...

Krigulv Snerra wrote:
you always said we'd run away together, ehne </3

Log in, swap servers, then your gtg. I think Flurry has more people than Valcyn and Radiant combine...

Ehne wrote:
Well, all my toons are off Radiant. Here are my current toons:

Flurry:
Ehne
Mihne
Airdew
Rand-
Indiana-
V'an

Starsider:
Airdew
Mor'deeb
Mandragoran
Kalystra

If you drop a toon on either of these servers send me an email so I can add you to my friends list. Novaro transfered a toon to Flurry off Starsider. I guess Loyal is still debating on a location, either Chilly or Flurry from what I think he said. Free transfers still working...

Edit: Name update...

On Flurry As well.....

Oteefo Kivos
Oovirfees
Voosrik
Za'Fey

Living on Dantooine ATM....
Balcifer
Lieutenant

Put in a ticket for Dem's account last night and Balc's account today.... still waiting on an answer.
Balcifer
Lieutenant

So, looks like they're over there... haven't logged them on yet, I'll do that tonight. Looks like they got renamed to Demerzelx and Buffnstuff. I havent checked Balcifer/Janess.

Prior to the transfer I did a /findfriend flurry.Demerzel/Balcifer/Janess and there were no valid names found so that should have meant that they were clear. I'm gonna have to submit a ticket to get those changed.... I don't want Demerzel to join the Nation of Islam.

Update: I was able to /rename BuffNStuff back to HR'BuffNStuff with no problem, but it claims Demerzel is being used by someone. If Demerzel is being used, why does /addfriend claim it's not a valid name? Updated the help ticket to ask them to look into it. Lame.

For now, DemerzelX is still going door to door in a suit and red bowtie teaching the evils of the white devil.
Balcifer
Lieutenant

Quote:
Greetings Demerzel,
I'm showing another character on a different account by the name of Demerzel so you will not be able to take that name. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, or require any additional assistance, please contact us again.

May the Force be with you,
GM-Xaositect
Star Wars Galaxies
Sony Online Entertainment

/facepalm

Aaaand my response....

"Greetings,

Thank you so far for everything you've done here.

While I appreciate that the server TELLS you that there's someone with the same name on another account, please tell me why the command "/addfriend Demerzel" gives me (and several friends) the response "Demerzel is not a valid friend name." If there was indeed someone using that name, I'd be able to add them as a friend.

This is likely the server not properly letting go of a name once a previous character had been transferred/deleted. I have a friend who has just recently transferred back to Flurry whose characters had originated on the server. Around five YEARS ago, he transferred to Valcyn, then to Radiant. Upon transferring back to Flurry a few weeks ago, he came across the same problem as I am. The server says there's a character with that name. As it happens, the server remembered his characters from when they were last on Flurry years ago and the GM's restored his names to him.

Please take another look at this issue as there clearly is NOT someone else using the name Demerzel if I (or my friends) cannot /addfriend the name.

Thank you,
Demerzel"

UPDATE:

Quote:
Greetings Demerzel,
I've double checked the name and it is currently taken by a character on another account. We can search a character name to see exactly what account any character by the name is located on. The issue you describe your friend as having was because when you transfer a character, the character itself is not moved anywhere but what actually happens is a copy of the character is created on the destination account/server while their existing character is disabled for play but remains "on server". So if you do transfer, your name at the time of transfer remains taken on the server the character originates from. In your case however, I'm afraid that the name is just taken by another character.

If you have any further questions or concerns, or require any additional assistance, please contact us again.

May the Force be with you,
GM-Xaositect
Star Wars Galaxies
Sony Online Entertainment

sigh..... and my response....

"I'm sorry to be a pest about this, but it's important to me.

I understand that you have a tool that searches the names. I understand that it's telling you that there's someone by that name playing.

Please help me to understand why, in-game, this person is not available for the /addfriend command if they are an actual player playing the game on this server. Could this not be a disabled Transferred character? If yes, why then is the abandoned character given preference over someone who is actually playing on the server now? Is this account with this supposed Demerzel character that nobody in-game can see an active account? I've had friends who have had names cleared for them if the account of the other player has been inactive for a time.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand how this can be an actual active character if nobody in-game can see them to /addfriend.

Thank you again and sorry to be a pest."
Balcifer
Lieutenant

Am I the asshole in this situation or do the GM's have their heads up theirs?

There's clearly no ACTIVE character named Demerzel since /addfriend gives the "not valid" result, but their tool claims there is.
Jewelster
Lieutenant

Shamoo and Etoroda are now a part of Flurry -VAL- community. The shuttleport is now available in Star Haven.
Balcifer
Lieutenant

Victory! GM "I don't wanna effing do anything" Xaositect finally relented and LOOKED at the offending account and decided it had been inactive long enough to clear the name for me. I'll be logging in shortly to rename Demerzel.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    77th Phoenix Wing Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: