View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celaki Goshi
Celaki

re: Future possible content for JtL

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=1069436&#11912241

Looks like Hjal is going to make space interesting and fun again.

Sounds potentially cool. I've always wanted to practice aim on more zippy NPCs. The old T5 droid fighter spawn in Endor was good for this, except when half a dozen would aggro.

However, if NPCs are gonna become missle spam happy, they perhaps need to introduce some kind of PvE-only large capacity chaff launcher, if that's even possible. Managing your chaff in PvP makes sense, but having to land after killing just a few NPCs would be frustrating.

Joiry_ wrote:
Sounds potentially cool. I've always wanted to practice aim on more zippy NPCs. The old T5 droid fighter spawn in Endor was good for this, except when half a dozen would aggro.

However, if NPCs are gonna become missle spam happy, they perhaps need to introduce some kind of PvE-only large capacity chaff launcher, if that's even possible. Managing your chaff in PvP makes sense, but having to land after killing just a few NPCs would be frustrating.

I used to tell people to practice on the T5 droids to get an idea of what PvP would be like. While not quite the same, it does have the fast pace of PvP and will teach pilots how to shoot small, agile fighters.

As for the missile spam... that's a little overkill in my book. I hate the missile happy T6-10 NO fighters in OM. NPC B-Ws, Y-Ws, T/Bs and T/Os can be bad from time to time (I'd swear that they are on a timer or something because I've faced a lot of T5 missile carriers in DS and had some spam missiles every few seconds and some that never fired a single one) but changing them to be more missile happy than already... not fun.

Personally, higher levels of CM launchers should have different effects instead of 1 CM = 1 evaded missile. Maybe like micro-chaff launchers could carry more CM per reload and signal emitters could spook multiple missiles. I'd rather see a use for the various types of chaff instead of creating a new PvE only launcher that does the same thing as a basic L1 chaff launcher but has more expendables in it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: