View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canaryville
Admiral

re: Hotfix 16.1

Though it's disappointing that the General Damage Bonus is not being addressed, unrelated to that are some of the crafted space parts aspect.

Good thing I've been too busy with other things.

Canary

------

Increase the vs. Shield and .vs Armor rating on the Nova and Orion space weapons to reflect the bonuses added to other crafted weapons.
Increase the vs. Shield and .vs Armor rating on the Elite Railgun and Elite Gauss Cannon to receive the same bonus that the Elite Null Bolt received.
Increase the minimum .vs Armor rating on the Red Experimental Blaster to be in line with the Green Experimental Blaster.
Joiry_

Wait. So did GU16 increase the stats on standard weapons you can craft by default as a SW? I thought they only introduced these extra subcomps to boost the crafting?

yes envy

They bumped up the shield and armor effectiveness values for all crafted weapons. The new subcomponent reduces drain.

I need to double-check my POB guns. Since they were really nothing special before, I suspect that GU16 null bolts are now better. L8 RE will still be better than crafted experimentals or Nova/Orion guns, but they are a lot closer in damage now. I should crunch the numbers...

Alirc wrote:
yes envy

They bumped up the shield and armor effectiveness values for all crafted weapons. The new subcomponent reduces drain.

I need to double-check my POB guns. Since they were really nothing special before, I suspect that GU16 null bolts are now better. L8 RE will still be better than crafted experimentals or Nova/Orion guns, but they are a lot closer in damage now. I should crunch the numbers...

Let me know how the NO guns stack up to a L8. I'm kinda considering swapping out a couple of L8s on my boat for some NOs and Null bolts so I can better equip Meliya with something more than old, old, old stuff. I think Cel's YT-2400 is running a pair of L10s on it so I won't be swapping those out for Nulls but I may need to get a pair for my boat. I have a new build in mind for it with dual Nulls, dual Novas and dual Orions...

I'll check the NOs in Narf's spreadsheet again tonight, but I doubt my current L10 POB guns can beat the new null-bolts. NOs were very close to RE8s before in damage, they just had a much higher mass.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=1068041

I may have to go with a pair of new Nulls since my L10s are pretty much average to slightly above average.

These are calculated in the spreadsheet with 100% components. Actual results will be slightly worse, but close

Nova Ion with capped speed limiter, capped min/max damage:

Energy Maint. 1788.9
Mass 37961.3
Min Damage 2386.0
Max Damage 3864.0
Shield Eff. 0.768
Armor Eff. 0.632
Energy per Shot 24.6
Refire Rate 0.428

Experimental blaster with capped speed limiter, capped min/max damage:

Energy Maint. 2472.0
Mass 36153.5
Min Damage 2130.0
Max Damage 3450.0
Shield Eff. 0.701
Armor Eff. 0.701
Energy per Shot 19.8
Refire Rate 0.388

Nova Ion with weapon efficiency booster, capped eps/max

Energy Maint. 1244.3
Mass 37961.3
Min Damage 2037.4
Max Damage 3864.0
Shield Eff. 0.768
Armor Eff. 0.632
Energy per Shot 24.0
Refire Rate 0.384

interesting...

Alirc wrote:

Nova Ion with weapon efficiency booster, capped eps/max

Energy Maint. 1244.3
Mass 37961.3

interesting...

Interesting maybe, but useful? The 13k mass over an average L8 RE is not worth 500-600 of EM, which translates to 3000k less drain on WO4. Unless your goal is all crafted, its not worth it, I think.

Jump to: