View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joiry_

re: Disney buys LucasFilm, announces Ep 7...

You'll probably hear it before coming here, but...

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

My feelings? "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

Jir - "I have a bad feeling about this..."

The good news is Disney hasn't ruined Pixar or Marvel yet.

The bad news is I just don't see any room for more movies in the canon unless they picked some of the books that are already out there. The Thrawn Trilogy might make a badass Ep 7, 8 and 9. They'd have to CGI it now though since everyone is 20 years too old for the roles.
Balcifer
Lieutenant

Well... never mind ^^that speculation....

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/star-wars-episode-7-will-feature-totally-original-story/10139
Joiry_

I'm actually happy about that. I'm not a big fan of the EU set of stories/universe.

me either but the Thrawn books were exceptional

Episode 7

Return of the Geriatrics

It's another dark time in the galaxy. The Empire, long since defeated by teddy bears, splintered into multiple fiefdoms under the surviving Moffs. Still steamed about the loss to a bunch of midget bears, they vowed revenge only after decades had passed.

Luke Skywalker and his sister Leia along with Han Solo have aged to where they aren't traveling the galaxy blowing things up. Instead they opened a retirement home on the forest moon of Endor for the members of the Rebellion that survived. Living it up and drinking Jawa Juice, they think the rest of their lives are going to be peaceful and quiet.

Far beyond the Outer Rim, a new Imperial force is gathering. They are way younger than everyone else which means they stand a good chance of blowing up Endor and killing off those geriatric rebels and those annoying Ewoks...
Elishen

Well at least Disney is doing something with Star Wars...of course it's closing Lucasarts but it's something.

Now tghe question is did they do it because LA was losing money or just because they want everything that says Lucas on it dead?

With the death of Lucasarts, I guess there won't be another X-Wing vs TIE Fighter like game or any other space related Star Wars games.

My guess is that Disney wants to make their own games if they get into that market with Star Wars. But since they want to make movies, it makes sense to focus on that and not split their own time doing games and movies. Sad thing is, they are sitting on a goldmine for games with the Star Wars name but I guess we'll be seeing Yoda and Vader showing up in the next Kingdom Hearts game battling alongside Mickey Mouse and Captain Hook...
Joiry_

Well, Disney said they were planning on contracting out any future Star Wars games to outside studios.

Someone just has to convince someone important at Disney that X-wing vs TIE Fighter Online is a gold mine just waiting to happen.

Jump to: