View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Joiry_

re: TOR Feedback so far

Canaryville wrote:
While Jewel's, Alirc, and I were in vent last night while we were doing some quests, Xak dropped into the channel for a bit and mentioned to us that the entire/most of the SWG Space Team was hired by EA just after SWG shut down last month.

I was trying to find the link about it, but didn't have much luck.

To continue to paraphrase on what Xak had mentioned, there has been a lot of unhappy feedback about the space portion of the game, which who can blame them, and that they will be looking hard at redeveloping a better space portion of the game and integrating it in.

Well that was quite the news for me last night.

Canary

I don't know, it sounds like one of those things that starts to get said, and then someone else heard the same thing, but in reality, the ultimate source is all from the same original rumor.

Besides, what constitutes the SWG space team? Hjal was the only dev that really worked on space, and he was more of a maintainer/tweaker/add things to the existing system. And the level of "Revamp" (lets say, oh, a complete redo) that SWTOR space needs is a lot, a lot more than Hjal added to JtL once they started paying a bit of attention to space again.

Apparently new "space content" is coming.....

"Space Combat – We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps."

http://www.swtor.com/blog/what%E2%80%99s-next-old-republic
Ehne
Captain

Maybe by November when I finish school they will have it to the level of SWG... Then I might be interested.

Vedauwoo wrote:
Apparently new "space content" is coming.....

"Space Combat – We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps."

http://www.swtor.com/blog/what%E2%80%99s-next-old-republic

I predict this will amount to nothing meaningful. This is how 99% of MMO devs think:

"My basic design is correct, we just need to add something."

Ie, space-on-rails is here to stay. They will add something to make it *seem* less on rails, but will still fundamentally be on rails, no matter what coat of paint they throw on that turd.

i play for the dual pistols

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: