View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Alirc
Admiral

re: air-ground combat

ok, that was fun. laggy, but fun. A few bounties, some Restuss... Also discovered Bell had a 1% ground bounty. doh!

Alirc wrote:
Well, it's live. I got some incaps and one kill. I shot off about 5 chaff, never got hit by a missile.

That's because the thick as bricks groundpounders don't realize what they have at their disposal. As soon as its explained in pwnz0rz talk about the increasing difficulty of chaffing 3+ missle locks, I'm sure they'll be lolzing it up.

Joiry_ wrote:
Alirc wrote:
Well, it's live. I got some incaps and one kill. I shot off about 5 chaff, never got hit by a missile.

That's because the thick as bricks groundpounders don't realize what they have at their disposal. As soon as its explained in pwnz0rz talk about the increasing difficulty of chaffing 3+ missle locks, I'm sure they'll be lolzing it up.

Nova and I were strafing 3 of them who were laying on the roof of a house firing missiles. I think it was mostly lag that saved them, but if I kept my speed up, I would only get 1-2 locks. By the end, I was out of chaff. I don't know what missiles they were using, but they only took out about 1/2 of my rear shield.

One of my bounties actually launched into his fighter to fight me when I started strafing him in Eisley. After I killed him, he told me to grow some balls and fight him on the ground next time. I just told him I suck on the ground, thanks for launching in your fighter. Happy

So, can you kill a bounty from air to ground?

Also, the patch notes say any bounties you get from air-to-ground count as space, I assume you didn't get any additional % for ground (I assume the automatic 1k also adds to the bounty %).

I'll get you to check Alirc's bounty. If it is 100% space, then air-ground kills count as space. Otherwise, that explains how Belloriche got a 1% ground bounty.

Air-to-ground PVP dies with this update. QQ wins again. Oh well, it was fun (and laggy) while it lasted.

Quote:
Atmospheric Flight Air <-> Ground PvP

* Ship gun damage is now mitigated by the ground character's armor, including increased armor protection from buffs/specials/abilities/expertise. Ship gun damage is Energy based. The combat spam (in verbose mode) when the ground character is hit by ship gun contains the mitigation information.
* The ground character's innate chance to evade ship gun has been increased.
* Each missile launcher is now on its own independent cooldown. A ground character with multiple launchers can fire another launcher while the other one(s) is on cooldown. The shared 2-3 seconds warm up time remains.
* The missile launcher is now on permanent Weapon Overload - Four (3x damage increase).
* The ship must be moving above a certain speed threshold for the hit on the ground character to count. The speed threshold is approximately the same as a character's normal run speed. If you keep shooting at ground characters while below the speed threshold, you will eventually get a system message reminding you of the errors of your way.
* Combat spam is now generated when the ship is hit by missile fired by a ground character.

Alirc wrote:
Air-to-ground PVP dies with this update. QQ wins again. Oh well, it was fun (and laggy) while it lasted.

Quote:

Learn to pvp like a grounder? I guess that means you're 1337 once you've cried to devs enough to nerf the otherside into uselessness.

Well, 2 at a time is a little better, but not necessary.

Quote:
Atmospheric Flight Air <-> Ground PvP (TC/TCP only)

Reverted the change to increase to ground character's innate chance to evade ship gun.
A ground character with multiple launchers can have at most 2 launchers on cooldown. Once 2 launchers are on cooldown, you must wait until one of the launcher finishes its cooldown before you can fire another missile.
The missile launcher is now on permanent Weapon Overload - Two-And-A-Half (1.85x damage increase).
Combat spam when the ship is hit by missile fired by a ground character now contains more information in verbose mode.

Yeah, but now they get the WO2.5...good grief, grounders are just whiners.

Well, good to see in its twilight moment, the devs have returned to form of idiotic balance passes and screwing space over. Its almost like the game still has a future...

I've discovered the most recent nerfage to pilots. Just as I was flying to restuss to see how much I could "grief" the ground players, my power went out for several hours. It hadn't even started to rain yet, just a little wind. This is why I think the new Weather Overload should be nerfed.

Looks like I missed a lot these past few weeks. I'll have to log in tonight.
Alirc
Admiral

We might need more spacebombs... (On TC)

Quote:
Atmospheric Flight Air -> Ground Missile

Ships in atmospheric flight can now fire spacebomb missile at the ground.
Use the "Fire Missile at Ground" keymap in the Ship Keymap Options tab, or /ui action fireMissileAtGround, to fire missile at the ground.
Only the pilot can fire missile at the ground.
Missile fired at the ground is a "dumb" missile. Its impact point is determined at the time the missile is fired. If there is a non-ship targeted object, the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below the location of the non-ship targeted object. If nothing is targeted or a ship is targeted, the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
Missile cannot be fired at the ground if the impact point is inside a battlefield.
The ship must be between 250m - 500m range of the impact point in order to fire missile at the ground.
LoS check is performed if the impact point is the location of a non-ship targeted object. No LoS check is performed if the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
A highly visible warning marker object is created at the impact point when the missile is fired.
All enemy ground characters within 32m of the impact point will receive a "!!! INCOMING MISSILE !!!" warning message when the missile is fired.
At impact, the missile will do AoE damage to all enemy ground characters within 32m of the impact point, with damage reduction proportionate to distance from the impact point.
Weapon overload, PvP reduction, and Vs. Armor rating will affect the missile's damage output.
Missile damage is mitigated by the ground character's Energy armor rating.
There is a 2-3s warmup time if the impact point is the location of a non-ship targeted object. There is no warmup time if the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
The cooldown time is the missile Refire Rate value.

The ship is no longer required to be moving above a certain speed threshold in order to hit ground character.
The ship gun's "Vs. Armor" rating is increased 35% when shooting ground character.

I can see it now, the first time you want to unlink the triple tubes of an Oppy. Just strafe the field with fire-and-cycle-ordnance with SB2s. Ground rebels, at least, will be howling. Tho I guess you can do it with Novas and Decis as well, but will be harder to line up a good strafe.

Air-to-ground spacebombs live today!

Quote:
Atmospheric Flight Air -> Ground Missile

Ships in atmospheric flight can now fire spacebomb missile at the ground.
Use the "Fire Missile at Ground" keymap in the Ship Keymap Options tab, or /ui action fireMissileAtGround, to fire missile at the ground.
Only the pilot can fire missile at the ground.
Missile fired at the ground is a "dumb" missile. Its impact point is determined at the time the missile is fired. If there is a non-ship targeted object, the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below the location of the non-ship targeted object. If nothing is targeted or a ship is targeted, the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
Missile cannot be fired at the ground if the impact point is inside a battlefield.
The ship must be between 250m - 500m range of the impact point in order to fire missile at the ground.
LoS check is performed if the impact point is the location of a non-ship targeted object. No LoS check is performed if the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
A highly visible warning marker object is created at the impact point when the missile is fired.
All enemy ground characters within 32m of the impact point will receive a "!!! INCOMING MISSILE !!!" warning message when the missile is fired.
At impact, the missile will do AoE damage to all enemy ground characters within 32m of the impact point, with damage reduction proportionate to distance from the impact point.
Weapon overload, PvP reduction, and Vs. Armor rating will affect the missile's damage output.
Missile damage is mitigated by the ground character's Energy armor rating.
There is a 2-3s warmup time if the impact point is the location of a non-ship targeted object. There is no warmup time if the impact point is the point on the terrain directly below your ship.
The cooldown time is the missile Refire Rate value.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: