View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alirc
Admiral

re: Space PvP Event - Friday, Oct 21st

Space PvP Event - Friday, Oct 21st

Grouping and Briefing - 9:30pm EDT/6:30pm PDT - Star Haven, Naboo at Factional HQs

Event Start - 10:00pm EDT/7:00pm PDT - Tatooine Space

The Event: 3 rounds of battle

Round 1 - starts at 10pm eastern/7pm pacific at the Rebel Ruins POI- 15min free return, last 5min fight to the death

Round 2 - starts at 10:30pm eastern/7:30pm pacific at the Rebel Ruins POI - 15min free return, last 5 min fight to the death

Round 3 - starts at 11pm eastern/8pm pacific at the Tatooine Space Battle - free return until battle is over - 15min NO attacking Lancer/Frigate
(each side will start near their factions' ship, when returning to battle you may declare near the battle at least 3k away)

Imperial Hyper - Desert Sands

Rebel Hyper - Outer Rim

Restrictions:

* MISSILES - ONLY -> Protron Mark 1 & 2, Concussion Mark 1 & 2, Seimic Mark 1 & 2, IRec Mark 1, Space Bamb Mark 1 are allowed.

* NO IFF Scrambler

Briefings/Grouping will be held at the Factional HQs in Star Haven, Naboo

Imperial Contacts: Iscra, -Mumat

Rebel Contacts: Novaro, Jewelster

After event party will be held in the Mos Eisley Cantina (Back Room)

If there is a delay in rounds 1 and 2, times will be adjusted, Round 3 will be must start on time.

Um, think I'll be skipping this event. If there's going to be missle restrictions, I prefer all out ban rather than the ambiguous "hey, that was a p3" "no it wasn't!" that will likely result. Besides, it really hobbles the YT, since its only got 2 tubes. That makes the advantage of the Nova/Deci way to big, since 3 p2s are still formidable.

Also, mass pvp around a space battle? No thanks. Fighting one or two other people around the frigates is passable. Lots of players? Again, no thanks.

The missile restrictions doesn't bother me too much, but I do see your point Jir. We've run into some issues in the past, but folks tend to be honest for the most part.

The notion that "other folks" can/will be at the Space Battle could throw a monkey wrench in everything. We can't control someone else taking out the Lancer/Frigate. Could be a lag fest also.

Spent last night outfitting Oiri's T-Wing, Z, & Arc w/gunner and then had more fun outfitting Iomew's Havoc.

Texture #2 (The only one that seemed to work) on the Havoc with Black on Black paint makes this one f'n cool looking ship. Most likely I'll be flying this tonight.
Joiry_

My main issue is, if people are complaining about missles, just have an event outright banning them. Twin proton 2's on a YT is near useless. Triple p2s on Deci & Novas are still kinda worthwhile. To partially make up its tube disadvantage, the YT needs powerful missles.

We get about a quarter of our kills from P4s. I won't even bother to load missles of lesser impact.

Jump to: