View previous topic :: View next topic  
kernelsanders-radiant

re: black prophecy at whatever's goin on now

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/349/feature/4079/GDC-2010-Preview.html

Previous bits of info included something like "specials" where you learn a special, push that button, and BAM! Barrel Roll! Ugh.

The above link doesn't speak any about that and does say it's twitch based, so.....hopefully it is. Still don't know if I'll wanna play it at all. I know some of y'all have been keeping an eye on it and thought I'd post the above.
Alirc
Admiral

Yeah, I've heard of that... If I get a beta invite I'll try it out for a couple hours, but so far I'm not that enthusiastic about it...

When they announced the "maneuvers" thing a little while ago, that put a real dampener on my enthusiasm. Hopefully it just takes the form of short term turn-rate boost or similar effects, and not press-XY to do a barrel roll...

I've read through some of their backstory for the game. Supposedly its by a profession german sci-fi author, but its all kinda of bad. Its a very soft scifi, yet still with all sorts of fudgy technical details. And weird pseudo-society-as-science models of why things happen a certain way. If that sounds odd, well, that gives you a feel for it.

Jump to: