View previous topic :: View next topic  
kernelsanders-radiant

re: video card

What video cards are y'all using? I've got a AMD phenom quad core, 6gb ram, and an nvidia 9500gt. Thinking about moving up to something better, in the $100-200 range. Any recommendations? FWIW, I also play Age of Conan from time to time (DX10).

Funny thing about my set up is that I get the same or better FPS in AoC dx9 mode as I do in SWG. Talk about aggravating.
Celaki Goshi
Celaki

I'm running an AMD Phenom 9500 quad core processor with 8gb of RAM and a BFG 9500GT 1gb memory vid card. Absolutely love it. Pretty sure my card and rig are somewhere around 18-24 months old now and it's still ripping right along. LotRO, DDO, SWG, CoV, EVE, and CO all look damn good on this rig (I played EQ2, SWG, CoV and LotRO on my old rig and they were just barely passable graphics-wise as long as most options were turned down and/or off).

Huh. That's almost the same setup I have. Phenom 9550 2.4? Ghz, 6gb ram, and 1gb ram 9500gt. What version drivers are you running, what OS, anything else you can think of. I did update the video drivers to the latest version and that seemed to help my fps somewhat. Instead of sitting at 20-30 fps, it's pretty steady at 30fps for "most" situations. Still, mumat got to talking on blackberry chat earlier today, so I'm considering an ATI 5770 since it's in my price range and supposedly decent.
Celaki Goshi
Celaki

Running Vista SP 2 currently, 64-bit version.
CPU speed is 2.20Ghz.
Driver I'm using for my card was released 01JAN10, version 8.17.11.9621.

I don't have the greatest rig but it does everything I ask of it quite well. Only beef I had was with DX10 and LotRO not jiving well on this rig. I had long load times and spotty ingame performance (lag during rending upclose models, odd shadowing, particle effects not rendering properly) but didn't take the time to really try to sort it all out because I just want to play the game, .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: