View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canaryville
Admiral

re: Armor slabs...sick sick sick

Now I have some nice armor slabs, but reading this thread just makes you want to /puke.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=1072349

Canary
Joiry_

re: Armor slabs...sick sick sick

Not to harp on my usual subject, but just one more way the space game is broken. Didn't one of the 13th guys have a sub-1k L10 plate in his A-wing? Of course, if you ever mention the need to nerf this (and retro-actively set a minimum mass), the pilot forum wankers just go off on how much they paid/traded/etc. Whatever, they are obviously bugged pieces.

I think the bug comes from them designing a gaussian, or "bell curve" random stat system. It provides that most drops are within a certain range, but rarely you get something very good (or very bad if its symmetric). However, I think they were a bit sloppy with their math and failed to put proper boundary conditions. Ie they just implemented the straight up gaussian equations, allowing for extreme, but very rare, values. They likely set an "expected" mid value and never thought about what the equation might produce at the far ends of the curve...

Jump to: