View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celaki Goshi
Celaki

re: Muhahahaha

So like I'm back for bit and I decided to go back to Smuggler for the pistols (Smuggler pwns BH for pistols). Instead of my group support/crowd control/debuffer role I was before, I went for a more meaner role... DPS. I was defending Dearic with Dee and Aiedan (sorry if I forget anyone else there) and we were kicking the shizzle out of the Imps. I was laying down heavy duty suppression fire with Fan Shot and OtC+EoL+Coverfire mixed with False Hope and single target smackage.

OMG, was it fun as HELL!!!! I would find a target and unleash single target damage on it then smack the area with some AoEs just because. It was great because I was drawing heat away from Dee and letting him nuke the crap out of the Imps. I PW'd someone in Dearic and all they could say "Aw, feck"... cracked me up to no end. I messed up once and died when I got separated from everyone, oh well. Everyone dies, just like space, right? It was just funny as hell to be ingame one night after being out so long, having a template I've never used before in a class I haven't played in months and being more than just cannon fodder.

As a side note, the slicing thing is kinda aggravating. I tried several times to do it and it's kinda confusing as hell. More practice this Twi'lek needs.

BTW, if people need to run instances and you need a body, I'm game for it. I'm not sure if I want a smuggler set of heroic jewelry (I've got the BH Enforcer set and the generic Heroism set) right now but it is something I'm contemplating doing at some point. I still need some EK runs to finish those badges out and need a bunch of ISD runs for the painting.

re: Muhahahaha

Glad to hear you're having fun!

You should have heard Jir bitching about the terminals at first.

re: Re: Muhahahaha

Celaki wrote:

As a side note, the slicing thing is kinda aggravating. I tried several times to do it and it's kinda confusing as hell. More practice this Twi'lek needs

Its a tedious little game. Here's how I did it (tho different methods may suit different people).

I kept a /note open next to the terminal dialog. Everytime I found an exploit at a level, I quickly typed a number in the note box (1 for the first system, 2 for the second, 3 for the third...the names escape me). So, I'd end up with a line that might look like "112332122".

I used a little lab timer I have. I set it to count up once I accept the quest (my tests indicate the timer starts when you accept the quest dialog box). I'd spend 2 minutes in the "search" phase, and the final minute actually doing the slicing. Slicing is basically just reading off the numbers I typed out during the search phase.

One trick I got off the smugglers forum was to always choose the same option as the previous level. Before, I just methodically went down the list for each security level (which is easier to keep track of). However, there does seem to be a bias towards the previous flaw.

In the slicing phase, you can keep slicing after the 3 minutes runs out, you just won't get tokens, and if you mess up, I think the slicing dialog goes away.

If there's an entertainer dancing, and I hit the 2 minute mark for searching, but don't have all 10 levels figured out (in fact, I'm not sure I ever did), I'll make guesses on the last few slices. I believe all of my level 10 slices occurred this way. It really is a game of luck to get to 10 as opposed to 8 levels of security.

Jump to: