View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Canaryville
Admiral

re: TOR Feedback so far

Well, quite the change of pace to be questing again TBH. Though this time the story lines are much more in-depth and at least for now quite enjoyable.

The graphics are incredible and at least fore me, I can set my settings on Medium w/o any issues.

The city layout on Ord Mantell & Coruscant are great. Nothing like flying the taxi through Coruscant and seeing it the way the movie intended you to see it.

I'm still working the story line to get my ship. no comment Lvl 13 atm.

1) Is there a way to bind keys? Good lord that little key map layout that came with the game is impossible to read for a guy this age.
2) Is there a way to move the toolbar around?
3) Am I wrong, but does it seem one gains an extra row of inventory space after reaching a certain level?
4) How do use the skill points? I have a few but for the life of me it didn't seem to let me assign them to a skill.
5) Does your companion default "out" or is their a way to "store" them?

That's all for now.

Canary

p.s. Having fun....and was able to hang with Bell last night!
Balcifer
Lieutenant

re: Re: TOR Feedback so far

Canaryville wrote:
Well, quite the change of pace to be questing again TBH. Though this time the story lines are much more in-depth and at least for now quite enjoyable.

The graphics are incredible and at least fore me, I can set my settings on Medium w/o any issues.

The city layout on Ord Mantell & Coruscant are great. Nothing like flying the taxi through Coruscant and seeing it the way the movie intended you to see it.

I'm still working the story line to get my ship. no comment Lvl 13 atm.

1) Is there a way to bind keys? Good lord that little key map layout that came with the game is impossible to read for a guy this age.
2) Is there a way to move the toolbar around?
3) Am I wrong, but does it seem one gains an extra row of inventory space after reaching a certain level?
4) How do use the skill points? I have a few but for the life of me it didn't seem to let me assign them to a skill.
5) Does your companion default "out" or is their a way to "store" them?

That's all for now.

Canary

p.s. Having fun....and was able to hang with Bell last night!

1)Hit Esc and go to preferences. Click the Key Bindings tab at the bottom of the preferences window.

2)Not Yet... they claim they are working on UI improvements like that.

3)You have to buy each new row of inventory. The first row is 5k credits, the second is 20k.... I don't know how much the other rows are because I haven't paid the 20k

4)Are you hitting Commit after you assign them?

5)should be able to dismiss the companion by clicking somewhere in their portrait in the lower left. Same to summon them when they aren't there.
Alirc
Admiral

It came with a key map layout? I should look in the box... I just typed in my code and put it away.

I'll be on tonight if I can stay awake... We've been skiing for the past 2 days. I'd ski tomorrow too, but I have to work. boo work.

Thanks for the reply to my questions. I now have keys that are bound to match the SWG layout as much as possible.

On the toolbar, I have one row and the 2nd row is assigned to the companion. Is there a way to delete the companions row and insert a 2nd row for me?

Through trial and error, I didn't realize that you can upgrade anything on your companion. Drag and drop and it was as simple as that.

I hope there isn't a crafting skill for Ships..stupid me took weapons and upon further reading it says you can only take one crafting skill and currently you can't delete that skill. Damn.

I forgot to look at my skill points last night.

Lvl 15 1/2 atm, and I hope I'm close in getting my ship.

Another grind day today.
Canaryville
Admiral

Forgot to mention...Grage is back with us! envy
Alirc
Admiral

I'm pretty sure you can change your crafting profession, you just lose all your progress in the previous profession. But, unfortunately, there is no ship crafting profession. I haven't started crafting yet.

For your 2nd row, on your toolbar, there is a + and - sign on the left (I think). Click those to expand and contract the toolbar. I haven't assigned keys to the stuff in my 2nd row, but they're all things I don't use often. Soon I'll have to figure that out...

You should have gotten a quest reward that is a suit of armor for your companion. That quest should have explained that you can upgrade your companion. Maybe you missed it, or you just clicked through without reading...

I think Belloriche is level 12. I'm just finishing up the Black Sun territory stuff.

You'll want to match your crafting/gathering/pseudo-gathering professions - various ones are best suited to provide the materials for the one crafting profession you're allowed. I found it annoying, since I couldn't pick things I thought fit with my character's character and have them work out practically.

Its silly when MMOs do this - they give you a false sense of choice. Sure, you can mix-and-match the 3 craft/gather profs as you wish, but in reality only a few combinations work. Might as well just offer those combos as standalone all-in-one professions.

FYI, Cybertech is the profession that can create ship parts... I don't know if you get any ship schematics from your trainer or not, but I did get a grade 2 schematic from a slicing mission once. There's really no need right now since you can just buy the parts with credits and those parts are going to be sufficient enough for missions.
Alirc
Admiral

Canary, from the SWTOR crafting sticky...

Quote:
To unlearn a skill open up the Crew Skills pane 'N' locate the skill you want rid of then click the small red 'x' on the far right

I'll pick up cybertech too, just because I like that sort of thing...

tongue out Wow...that's great news. So Balcifer, what additional gathering skills should one take with the Cybertech?

A bit of a letdown with the way the ship is handled. We were soooo spoiled on the way things were in SWG.

I'm assuming one just can't get in their ship and just fly?
Alirc
Admiral

Crew skill guide:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530

Looks like you need scavenging.

Canaryville wrote:
tongue out Wow...that's great news. So Balcifer, what additional gathering skills should one take with the Cybertech?

A bit of a letdown with the way the ship is handled. We were soooo spoiled on the way things were in SWG.

I'm assuming one just can't get in their ship and just fly?

You mean free flight thru some area of space? Don't kid yourself, that's waaaaay too complex for the average MMO player, or so Bioware believes. You can't be trusted with that sort of freedom - and frankly, its boring.

Much better to be taken on a "cinematic" roller-coaster ride with the main interactivity being to click the mouse button (tho, honestly, you can just keep it down, since constant shooting has no drawback). Sit back with a beer in one hand while you lazily one-hand mouse your way thru the true Star Wars space experience...

does it have to be a beer? i don't drink, so i hope that won't affect my gameplay any

While Jewel's, Alirc, and I were in vent last night while we were doing some quests, Xak dropped into the channel for a bit and mentioned to us that the entire/most of the SWG Space Team was hired by EA just after SWG shut down last month.

I was trying to find the link about it, but didn't have much luck.

To continue to paraphrase on what Xak had mentioned, there has been a lot of unhappy feedback about the space portion of the game, which who can blame them, and that they will be looking hard at redeveloping a better space portion of the game and integrating it in.

Well that was quite the news for me last night.

Canary
Alirc
Admiral

If Google doesn't know about it, it can't be true. tongue out

I still haven't made it into space yet in SWTOR. should be soon for Bell...

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: