View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Alirc
Admiral

re: swtor beta keys

Joiry_ wrote:
No wipe from last beta it looks. I can continue my hunt for Skavak, and maybe free myself from any desire to buy the game wink

Nigut Road is listed as "full", but only a two "full" servers have actually have queues associated with them.
The game hangs when I try to load my character from the first weekend. I created a new one no problem. I'll try creating one on Nigut Road tonight.

Alirc wrote:
Joiry_ wrote:
No wipe from last beta it looks. I can continue my hunt for Skavak, and maybe free myself from any desire to buy the game wink

Nigut Road is listed as "full", but only a two "full" servers have actually have queues associated with them.
The game hangs when I try to load my character from the first weekend. I created a new one no problem. I'll try creating one on Nigut Road tonight.

Yeah, I jinx'd myself after seeing Jir in the char select screen and then posting. I try to login, and it begins to load, gives me the "story so far" loading screen, and halfway thru dumps me back to the char select screen. So I made a jedi consular of all things

I saw once in spatial other people had that issue with their character from last beta (I assume that's what they were referring to), but my friend said his old character was still around (tho it might have been on Levithan, which kept running between the beta weekends for the fulltime beta.

I bit the bullet and bought a GTX 560 on the weekend. Far from a high end card, but at least 2 generations newer than my old card. As expected, made a huge difference.

I played Jedi Consular this weekend too. I only made it to level 6 though, not much play time.

Truthfully, I found the Sith story line to be more fun... Though for the Jedi I purposefully tried to pick the bad conversation options to gain dark side points. I kept getting lectures on proper Jedi behaviour, haha.

I'm not sure what advantages you could have being a dark-side jedi or light-side sith. I know there are dark-side and light-side specific items that you have to be a particular alignment level to use. You probably have to get a lot farther in the game to figure that out. hmm, how long until people demand an alignment respec.

bleh.. crap like that just forces you to choose dark side or light side conversation options. that's something i didn't like about mass effect 2. being somewhere in the middle got you absolutely NOTHING. you had to either be extra good or extra evil to benefit from it at all. even though i tossed a dude out the window for no reason at all, i can't intimidate people because i was nice to one of my companions.

Heh, I ordered a Radeon 6870 last weekend, tho that's more to play skyrim than anything else. We must now ritually flame each other! twisted

One item type that is restricted is color gems. Red gems cannot be used by anyone with lightside rank I (1000 pts), and blue and green cannot be used by darkside rank I and higher. I suppose this sort of makes sense for lightsabers, however, blasters use the color gems to determine their color as well. So, if you advance down the lightside path, you canot have a traditional red colored blaster bolts. Kinda stupid. At least for the crafted gems (I took artifice as my crew crafting skill).

The two sides are otherwise equal. Whatever options are available for the green/blue gems, you can make the same version for reds. And so far yellow gems (with same stats) look to be neutral. I also noticed on the coruscant commendations vendor, there are light and darkside variants of some of the gear (armor and lightsabers), but I think all the stats are the same, and they differ in appearance I'd guess. And name, all the darkside stuff have names like "Vile" or somesuch in front of them.

I did do one experiment (not originally intended as an experiment tho). I had a red gem in my lightsaber before I hit lightside rank I. As soon as I did, the lightsaber was still equiped, but I did no damage with lightsaber skills (once unequiped, I could not re-equip it till I changed out the gem for a non-red one). So it looks like they at least put in checks for that sort of thing, you know, not like *cough* heavy starters with level 8 and 10 parts *cough* for regrinding a faction squadron

If I buy this game, I think I might wait a month after release. There's still a lot of rough edges, and I feel a lot of the mechanics will be forced to change. Not just light/dark, but the fact your sub-class choice is permanent, which I think will not be tolerated in the long term.

btw, the beta weekend is supposed to run till tonight at midnight (CST I assume).

thank god. it's been dead in swg

I was reading about the darkside/lightside thing some more. Apparently they're planning "grey" jedi/sith items as well. We'll see what happens.

re: swtor music and another beta

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/01/may-the-score-be-with-you-swtor-releases-one-music-track-a-day/

Releasing music tracks (I will say this, some of the music is pretty good) and supposedly will do another "final" beta. Well, whatever the "final" beta is, I predict one more - ie lauch twisted

Edit - here's the direct link to the first mp3

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/misc/music/2011121_mb68/TOR_01_the_mandalorian_blockade.mp3

I guess its best to check their swtor facebook page to get the direct DL link.

The VAST majority of servers are gone for this weekend.... my lvl 18 BH is dead with them. I only have my lvl 13 Trooper. I guess I'll try a smuggler.
Alirc
Admiral

I didn't get an email about it, but I was able to log in. Downloading yet another massive patch...

Oh well. No invite means no beta. I was able to log in and download the patch, but they play button is greyed out.

Have fun.

yeah, funny how the patcher runs before checking account status. Maybe I'll just waste swtor bandwidth without ever playing twisted

I bet its only for preorders and such. Which is weird, because a lot of them should be in the "ongoing" beta with just the 3 servers. Tho I don't know for sure. Silly bioware.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: