View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ehne
Captain

re: Space PvP Friday, May 27th @ 9:30pm EDT

"Between a rock and a hard place"

Space PvP Event

Friday, May 27th @ 9:30pm eastern/6:30pm pacific

Grouping and Briefing - 9:30pm EDT/6:30pm PDT - Star Haven, Naboo at Factional HQs

Event Start - 10pm EST

Target Location: -553 3406 3997

Rebel Entry WP: 2269 -1887 4081

Imperial Entry WP: -6191 4435 2218

Lok Space.

After event party will be held in the Dearic Cantina on Talus.

Event:

This will be a three round event with no re-entry after 15 minutes for the first two rounds. Each side will fight untill the 25m mark is declared. IF you are not at your factional Waypoint AND DECLARED, you can not reenter the fight after 15m. After that when 10 minutes is over control of the zone is declared and the round reset. Winner of the best of three rounds will begin the next event with control of the target. (Will make sence later) If you are taken out before the round is over you must return to your factional re-enrty wp and can the reenter the zone as lonmg as the free return is not over. The final round is 20m, after that it is last GB standing.

Restrictions:

This is a Gunboat only event. I recommend getting a GB group ready before hand of you have a particular pilot/gunner you want with you.

There is a boundry you CAN NOT go outside. If you go 5k away from the wp you will be declared out and have to return to your factional wp to re-enter the fight. This will also end the round should you be the last remaining GB and go outside the zone. (It could take all night chasing a GB around Lok space trying to kill that final GB, which could lead to boredom for the remaining players...) Any questions on this should be asked before the event.

Last edited by Ehne on 2011/05/26 20:29; edited 1 time in total

I will be piloting my GB for the event since I suck bigtime as a gunner. I assume I can count on a top notch crew of:

Celaki
Jewelster
Ale
Oteefo
Demerzel
Jir'

Anyone care to confirm for me?

Celaki Goshi
Celaki

I can gun but only in a top turret. I'm serious too because my stomach gets real queasy in a bottom turret for some strange reason and I'll get sick enough to have to go lie down for awhile to get it to calm down. I'm not prone to motion sickness and never got sea sick even with 20 foot seas but the feeling of being upside down in a video game turret makes me want to hurl...

My boat stands by just in case it's needed though, .

my friend is kinda like that. she's terribly afraid of heights in game but not at all irl.

Fine, Jir will take the bottom front turret. You just better give me some decent shots Ehne. But I guess if its all GBs, its not as much of a problem.

Ehne wrote:
I will be piloting my GB for the event since I suck bigtime as a gunner. I assume I can count on a top notch crew of:

Celaki
Jewelster
Ale
Oteefo
Demerzel
Jir'

Anyone care to confirm for me?

Yay! Do I need to bring anything? Mac n Cheese / Potato chips / Weed?
Ale Ace
Lieutenant

I need a bottom Turret.... We need buttered popcorn for this one
Ehne
Captain

Sweet.

Though those of you with GB's should have them on stand by. I will put you at the top of the GB list though Celaki. I thought of trying to have 77th people in every GB but thought against it. I like having the ringer crew. :-)

From: The Office of Admiral Alirc, Commanding Officer 77th Fighter Wing

To: Commander Ehne Mhne, 23rd Alliance Light Fighter Squadron.

Ehne, I need you to make contact with a CorSec operative in the Corellia system named Airdew. CorSec has contacted us through back channels and has requested a meeting. You will find a YT-1300 at the given coordinates, at 1300 Coronet local time. You were requested by name. Not sure how CorSec got your name but I’m sending you anyway. Pack heavy incase it’s a setup, but our intelligence within CorSec tells us it’s legit. Contact me after the meeting for a status update.

Alirc out.

The Incom X4 Gunship punched its way through hyperspace in-route to Corellia. The “Twin Tails” as it is called, is the mobile command and control center for the 23rd light Fighter Squadron, a component of the 77th Fighter Wing. It’s Capitan; Commander Ehne Mhne was staring expressionlessly into the swirling lights of hyperspace. This was a return trip for Ehne. Many years ago, along with his old sidekick Airdew Arise he roamed this sector. That was until he became fully engaged in the Rebellion against the Empire. From there his pilot career took him away and left was forced to leave Airdew behind, possibly to never return. Airdew had moved on as well last he heard. He had moved from the Cantina’s of Coronet to become a member of the CorSec police force. He hadn’t thought much of Airdew until now.

“Coming out of hyperspace in 10 seconds” A Human female said from the Co-pilot chair.

“Thank you Jewlester, count us down from 5.” Keying the ships comm., “All hands, prepare for entry into real space.”

As his co-pilot’s count hits one he pulls back on the hyperdrive levers and the Gunship falls back into normal space. Loud crashing is heard from the back as cargo shifts in the hold.

Ehne’s Lekku twitched in irritation. “Ale, I thought you had secured my A-Wing back there!”

“It is, but someone insisted on bringing some side cargo along for the ride and didn’t secure it!” An annoyed female Twi’lek behind him remarked.

Ehne turned and looked to see a pair of pigtails trail behind a short redhead as she ran down the hallway to the cargo bay.

“Ah man, I thought you did that. I could make quite a profit from those canisters!” Jir could be heard saying as she ran down the corridor.

His lekku twitched as he shook his head in disbelief. “Jewelster, any contacts, and ETA to waypoint?”

“Well, I put us almost on top of the waypoint, and there is a YT-1300 bearing CorSec registration coming along side off to port.” She replied with a sense of pride.

“Unregistered Incom Freighter, you have entered Corellia space. Transmit I.D. or be disabled.” A voice said over the comm. unit.

“Oh no, I’m not going to be threatened by some random CorSec crony, we outgun him 3-1! Shall I prove it to him?” A voice said over the intercom.

“No Celaki, I know that voice” Ehne replied, then keyed his mic. “I knew this dancer a while back, used to shake his moneymaker in a Hotel in Coronet. Zero fashion sense, used to wear this ugly trench coat and circular hat. I hear he started earning his living and joined CorSec.”

“I knew this Twi’lek who was training to be a Swordsman. Had to use a single edged sword so he wouldn’t cut himself with it.” ‘The voice replied with the sound of a smile. “Good to hear that voice again. Stand by and prepare to be boarded.”

“Boarded?” Jewelster cut in.

Ehne shook his head. “Just let him dock and come with me Jewels, the rest of you man your turrets and keep your eyes open.”

After a few minutes of maneuvering the YT-1300 was docked to the Incom X4. After the cycling of pair of airlocks a Human male in a trench coat and with a wide brimmed hat stepped into the opening and faced the Twi’lek and the Human female.

“Major Jewelster, I give you Airdew Arise,” Ehne said as he gestured toward the man. “Welcome to the Twin Tails Airdew.”

“It’s Captain Airdew, by the way.” Taking her hand and smiling at her. ‘Wonderful to meet you.”

“You were correct about his fashion sense Commander” Jewelster said, looking Airdew up and down coldly.

“It’s a cover, I do own a uniform.” He replied defensively. “And if it was not for this cover” Airdew said, pausing for effect and flashing his coat. “You would not be aware of what I am about to tell you.”

“Follow me to the bridge; we can have a seat there. You can explain what brought me here” Ehne said turning, not waiting for a response.

“Does he always expect people to just go where he tells them to still?” Airdew asked, raising an eyebrow.

“It’s his ship, you can go back to yours if you like” Jewelster replied with a bit of sarcasm in her voice.

“No, I was just curious if all this time had changed him.” Airdew responded and headed out to catch up to his old companion.

The three of them sat on the bridge of the Twin Tails.

“It goes like this.” Airdew started. “Nym has been trying to develop his own capital shipyard. Or at least he is in the design phase. There is a large asteroid field in Lok space. He has taken and hollowed out of one those rocks and started building prototype components. Seems he was able to develop a reactor of noteable quality. Its output was better than that of a standard Imperial Class Star Destroyer power plant and took up half the space. Problem was, it was a little unstable and the thing overloaded. It has now dumped radiation throughout half the system making it pretty much untravelable. He was trying to keep things quiet, that’s why the Alliance didn’t find out about it from him. Problem was, the Imperial Station there picked up the radiation. They sent in some Tie’s but the radiation killed the pilots as they got close.”

“How is that possible?” Jewelster asked.

“No shields I would assume.” Ehne responded.

“You could think that. But they thought of that and sent in some heavily shielded Tie Oppressors. Didn’t matter. Our hidden listening post in the Lok system intercepted the stations request for help.”

“Did they respond?” Ehne asked in response to Airdew’s comment.

“Yes.” Airdew replied. “Just before you arrived they had dispatched a Star Destroyer to the system to investigate. From the sound of it they will be sending in some gunboats to investigate and recover anything they are able to.”

“This is big” Jewelster commented. “Regardless of if it can be made to work or not, a more efficient Star Destroyer is a bigger problem for the Fleet.”

“How did you learn all this?” Ehne asked.

“Well.” Airdew said, shrugging. “I still shake my moneymaker; just now I do it at the Lok cantina as a cover. The rest was gathered from various other sources. We can’t make it to official, but I would be willing to brief your higher ups if needed.”

“I may use you to brief my pilots, but I will relay your message to command myself. We will have to see about getting a Mon Cal Cruiser to keep that ISD busy.”

“So you think counter the Imperial Gunboats with our own?” Jewelster asked.

“I don’t know that our fighters’ shields are any better than theirs.” Ehne replied. “We can clear the area with some Gunboats and get some droids to grab the cargo once the area is clear.”

“Sounds like a plan. I will get back to CorSec command and see if I can gather any other Intel.” Airdew said, getting up. “I will message when I have more, and then be ready when your briefing happens.” Standing at the doorway, Airdew turns. “Thank you. Been a while Ehne, It will be interesting to work with you again.”

“I’ll walk you out” Ehne said, standing and leaving.

Jewelster watched as the two left the bridge.

“That has to be about the worse dressed person in the galaxy.” Ale said as she re-entered the bridge. “Did I hear we have a little Imperial business to take care of?”

“Yep, get your turret calibrated. Looks like the Tail’s heading into battle”

I should be able to make it this time..... oh, and spam.
Celaki Goshi
Celaki

Balcifer wrote:
I should be able to make it this time..... oh, and spam.

I think I know you but I don't remember your name...

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: