View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alirc
Admiral

re: Space Event - Friday, August 14th at 9:30pm Eastern

Space Event - Friday, August 14th at 9:30pm Eastern - "Test Drive"

Space Race - "Test Drive"

It's time to test your skills! Are you better than those around you?

This is a race to test your skills as a pilot. It will be you and three other pilots racing though the course to see who comes out on top. The race trys the challenge your skills though speed management, waypoint turning, and npc killing.

A race, how can you have a race in space? Well, the answer is as complex as to the inner workings of SWG besides this is the first time that I've tried something like this.

What are the raing ships:
B-22 or a POB (Decimeter, Nova, YT-1300, and YT-2400) Why only these ships? Easy, this levels the playing field by using a common chassis. Its up to you on what you put inside.

The Race:
Four pilots per heat, the top two pilots across the line will advance onto the next round until the final race. As said before the race consist of waypoints that each racer will have to pass through and a npc killing quota. You will be grouped with race officials during your race.

Where do I sign up:
Send an email to Iscra stating that you want to be in the race and which race you would like to fly in (B-22 or POB). There is a limited numbers positions available. 16 for the B-22 and 4 for the POB. There will be a few extra positions available to any no show (so if you don't sign up early, there is still a chance).

Race Info:
On Thursday night, August 13th a race bracket list will be posted on the SWG Radiant Forums as to which heat you will race in and who are the available alternates and more details about the race. The race will be held on Friday night, racers and officials will meet up at 9:00 Eastern/6:00 Western at the waypoint where the race will begin.

We need volunteers:
In order to make this race happen, we need volunteers. If I don't have enough, the race may be canceled. What does a volunteer need in order to help, a POB or preferably the Yacht.

Questions:
Can I race in both chassis races? Yes
Can I race multiple toons in this race? No
Can I volunteer and race? Yes
What are the rules? Yes (read the following posts)

NOTE: I (Alirc) cannot make this event, I will be drinking beer by a camp fire...

re: Space Event - Friday, August 14th at 9:30pm Eastern

*sigh* one of these days these will be on the oppisite weekends when I can come, probably sheerly by luck.

re: Re: Space Event - Friday, August 14th at 9:30pm Eastern

Looked like the server was down when I tried logging on (looks now like I was half an hour late anyway as I assumed it was at 10.) I had had a headache all day that wouldn't go away so I just decided to skip it. If it was held after the server went back up, how was it?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    77th Phoenix Wing Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: